Blue Spirulina and Acai Vegan Soft Serve
This is one of our favourite desserts for the summer, or anytime of year! The ice-cream base is made using a combination of coconut cream, dates and Madagascan vanilla. We then add blue spirulina and acai powder for added flavour, colour and nutrition. This is like superfood ice-cream!
Recipe for 2 servings:
- 480ml coconut cream
- 400g pitted majood dates (soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- 120ml cashew milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp blue spirulina powder
- 1tbsp acai powder
1) Place coconut cream in fridge overnight (this is important)
2) Blend soaked dates in a food processor until finer, then slowly add warm water until it becomes a thick date paste.
3) In a chilled mixing bowl add coconut cream. Whip the cream adding cashew milk and Madagascan vanilla extract until it is an even consistency. Slowly add the date paste to get the desired consistency, You want it to be smooth.
4) Divide the mixture into two, in one half add the blue spirulina and in the other the acai powder.
5) Alternate adding from each bowl when adding into a piping bag to create an interesting colourful blend.