Rosemary sweet potato fries and a creamy turmeric hummus. This is so good as a snack or light lunch. We might be a bit biased because of how much we love sweet potato fries, but who doesn’t?
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder - rosemary (add after cooked)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (liquid from chickpeas)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Cut sweet potatoes into thin strips. In a bowl, add oil and then add other ingredients and aim to coat uncooked fries.
2) On a baking tray, add fries to oven and cook for around 40 minutes at 180C.
3) In a food processor add all the ingredients for the hummus and blend until smooth.
4) Serve both the fries and hummus up on a plate and start dipping.
Hummus is a great way to incorporate more turmeric into your diet. The turmeric complements the natural flavour of the chickpeas well while also adding an extra bit of kick. Turmeric also has amazing health properties, which is why we love to find new ways to slip it into recipes. Find out more about about turmeric here.